What are some meat alternative that i can eat other than ground chuck or ground tuffu a good option

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• ground turkey

Answer by nicjon at 7:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Tofu is amazing! I ate it tonight! It is also one of the only soy based foods that is 100% healthy for women. Studies show that too much soy for women can cause breast cancer and other issues. But tofu is completely organic and safe. It really tastes good. You might need to get used to the texture though

Answer by Steph319 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Ground Beef and Ground Chuck aren't alternatives. They're both meat.

As far as alternatives there is tofu and some soy or veggie products you can try. If you're just looking for an alternative to red meat, then you can try ground turkey or ground Chicken.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Quorn.

Answer by leah_rai at 8:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Morning star or boca burgers....they're veggie burgers. They have a ground version that you can use in place of ground meat. I love the Boca burgers......yum.

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Veggie or bocca burgers are good.

Answer by momofne at 10:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i love ground turkey! i dont buy ground beef anymore unless its from one of the local farmers... every year my parents buy a whole cow!! and keep the meat in 2 big deep freezers.. i buy it from them usually.

Answer by momaholly at 12:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• LEAN ground turkey is good if you still want a "meat" product that's lean. You can make your own veggie or bean burgers rather than buying Bocca Burgers or Morning Star (You can make triple the amount of burgers for the same price as 1 package). Tofu is ok, I personally find it hard to work with, where I actually like the results....though if I buy marinated tofu at Wegmans in their salad bar it tastes awesome.

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2011