• In the Spotlight:

Going to a funeral?

One of our "group" from high school and right after, passed away last week. Her funeral is on Saturday in my hometown. (100 miles away from where I live now) Part of me wants to go to pay my respects, b/c I have been a little sad since it happened. But another part of me just doesn't want to drive all that way in the snow and see people I haven't really seen or talked to (other than FB) in 8 years.

What do you guys think?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• It's up to you, but if you don;t want to travel the distance, and haven't stayed in contact with your old "gang" or the deceased prior to her passing, but still want to show respects, then I would send a flower arrangement (just need the name of the deceased and the funeral home and address--any florist can send them), or a Mass card, that you can mail to the deceased's survivors, available at any applicable religious gift shop--depending on her faith.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• If part of you wants to go, I'd say to go. You might regret it if you don't. I'm sorry to hear your friend has passed.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I agree w/ Lori
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My daughter died last year. She was 27. I was shocked at her high-school and college friends that came. We are in Virginia Beach. They came from the West Coast. Florida, New York. It was so meaningful that they came. I am very grateful and they still keep in touch with us and her daughter, who is now 4.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• if you can make it that would be great but if you can't don't beat yourself up about it
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 9:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I would rather go than have the chance of feeling regret later.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• If even just a tiny part of you thinks you want to go, you really should go.
    You may regret not going, and at that point there is nothing that you can do.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• dont go and who cares. the people that really care will be there. no one will miss you or give a crap yiou arent there. least of all the deceased.
    prettymango

Answer by prettymango at 9:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2011