Could corporal punishment change things?

http://www.14wfie.com/story/13991647/couple-sentenced-in-childs-death This happened only a couple of hours where from where I live. I am so tired of hearing of a child's death and the adult saying they couldn't help themselves. They blame stress, the devil, and Lord knows what else for their actions. And of course, they are so "sorry". I think something else other than prison needs to be done. Big deal, they go to jail, they get 3 square meals, free television, and print, and we have to pay for it. I am so sick of people feeling sorry for these people. There is NO reason that a child has to die. I think death penalty might wake some people up. I know some of you are against death penalty, but what do you think should be done?

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 8:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• i agree with the first answer, solitary confinement...now THATS punishment....make them sit in a cell and stare at wall with no human contact whatsoever for the rest of their lives. I say the rest of their lives because actually solitary confinment is known to drive a person mad. Humans NEED social interaction, it actually helps keep (well most of us) sane. If we let them out...they will end up doing it all over again. As for labor, i agree with that but i dont think id give a crazy person a gun personally...but thats just me. The other thing is im all for the eye for an eye....whatever they did to that poor innocent child needs to be done to them. I know that sounds sick but it just makes me so mad like that woman who strapped her kids in the car and pushed it in a lake...she should have been strapped into that car and forced to face the same thing. Ugh...people make me so mad, i fume...
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 8:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Hard labor should still be applied, like in the military, IMO. I don't support the death penalty or any of that "eye for an eye" garbage, but I also don't want to pay bills for 25 to life for someone else.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 8:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• The death penalty will not change the sick!

gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Amen...I am for the death penalty and I believe EVERYONE should be held accountable for their actions...that's why we have so many prisons...line them suckers up and start closing them down. I am a born again Christian...God, He is watching it all and there are no hiding places...you may fool man and cry "my rights" but God has the final say...Close them down...no air, no cable, no library, make them real prisons...and see what happens. No, it may not change the sick but it will stop the stupid and at least kill the evil ones...
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I think being locked up without a TV or any entertainment might be good. Just leaving them to live in their own heads and to face up to what they've done every single day. Never letting them forget it.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• it depents on the force you apply to a person, but police are bad.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2011