• In the Spotlight:

Only surviving photo album from Auschwitz

Have you seen this? Such a sad piece of history. This is the story of a Hungarian Jewish woman who survived Auschwitz and found a coat belonging to a guard which she took to shield her from the cold immediately after her liberation. In the pocket of this coat she found a photo album. It contained pictures of what went on in this extermination camp. Imagine her reaction when she saw a picture of herself coming off of the train as well pictures of her family who were already murdered. It is truly moving and important.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Thank you for sharing the link Carpy.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• there are several photos the germans took while in the ss, it's really sick how they could go about their lives like it was nothing, so sad what those poor people had to go through
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No, I haven't. I've visited Auschwitz though and seen many other pieces of evidence, although photos of it during wartime are obviously very thin on the ground even there. It is well worth a trip and as sad as it is, it's very moving and I feel important to learn from our mistakes.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• OMG that is horrible. May them poor people rest in peace.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I've never been the leah, but I hear have heard from people who have that it is beyond emotional.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• All those poor children. Wow. It is still stunning.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Interesting
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• The picture that gets me the most is the young mother carrying her baby to the gas chamber.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yes, Carpy. It's beyond emotional. I'm not an emotional person as a rule, I never cry or get upset, but it's just so quiet. It's too quiet. Everything just makes you ache. I bet I sound really odd now, but it really is an eye opener and a place to contemplate everything about life. Re-evaluate almost. Oh I'm going all kooky about it!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2011