Would you break tradition??

I know Im out of season lol. But would you have eat at someones home for a holiday when they didnt serve the "traditional" holiday meal? Thanksgiving for instance. If the host was serving something other than turkey would you go? Or would you cook at home and make up an excuse? Are you set in your ways or are you ok with change?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Holidays

• Sure! The only reason I make traditional foods is because if I didn't there would be a revolt! I always make several non-traditional things as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Set in my ways. I'd probably have a mental breakdown if we didn't have turkey every christmas with all the trimmings. My head would probably burst...
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i enjoy new thingd so i wouldnt mind eating "untraditional"...best is a mix of old and new stuff!just in case you dont like the new dishes you can get full by the traditional ones lol
    Davina85

Answer by Davina85 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I would go. I like to try new things and I'm not tied to 'a meal for a holiday' thinking. Not that I don't like turkey on Thanksgiving, but I wouldn't change my plans if I found out the host were making something different than that.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I love new food! I would miss the turkey, but could just as easily cook my own another day. My favorite thing about going to eat at somebody else's house is trying their recipes or a new to me food without having to buy it all myself and not like it.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 8:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I agree leah rai! I couldnt go to a Thanksgiving dinner with a Tofu Turkey!! lol I love Tofu but would rather have the bird! hhaha
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I am totally a ok with change!

Answer by older at 8:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• yes this christmas i broke tradition. we decided we were not doing all the running and instead we had a nice christmas breakfast and invited anyone who wanted to come. we has sausage, bacon, biscuits, cakes, etc.. it was so nice to do everything in the morning and get it out of the way
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Thats a great idea Shay. I hate taking my daughter away from her toys! And we all have the rest of the day to relax just us
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yes I would be fine with change, we don't always eat traditional meals on the holidays. Especially Thanksgiving, I don't travel to see my family for that holiday, so sometimes I feel like cooking and other times we eat Chinese.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2011