Bright Spark

My six year old has been taking bright spark for a week now and he is still acting out in school i give him it in the morning 7:30 800 then at 4:00 when he gets home how do some of you give your kids the bright spark during the how many hours in between if i want the school to give it to him what time of day should i try?
I'am so frustrated .

S

Honey408

Asked by Honey408 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Please be very careful with natural remedies, and make sure everything you give your child is cleared through the pediatrician first. Many of the herbs used can be harmful and are contraindicated in people with certain conditions. The herbalists will tell you they are okay, but the FDA has made several warnings to parents. These products are not tested for safety or consistency.
    Call your ped in the morning if you feel like your kid actually needs meds . . .if not, don't give any more of that stuff.
    Six year olds can be very hyper . . . some have bodies that need to m ove more than others. It drives us nuts, but it isn't an actual clinical problem until it intereferes with ability to learn in school.
    I would back off of the Bright Spark.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I called my pediatrician before I ordered it he read all the ingredients he said it wouldn't harm him many Mom's on this sight are giving it to there kids and have said no side affects my son has been to two doctors and they both said he had ADHD he also has a brother who has it. His brother has been on focalin for a couple years I 'd rather not do that thank you for your advice.
    Honey408

Comment by Honey408 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I agree with ImaginationMama. Her entire answer is what I was thinking. "All Natural" remidies do not always work with or are safe for all people. I have seen you asking a lot of questions about this stuff and honestly, if it were me, I would stop using it. Maybe your gut is telling you the same thing, since you keep asking questions about it? I hope everything works out for you.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• confused

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2011