Has anyone legally changed your childs whole name through adoption during the time of kindergarten registration?

I'm changing my 4yo's name and the hearing is not until the time of registration if you have done this what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Adoption

• If their names were all legally changed, you should be okay. My husband and I adopted our daughter and changed her name completely. We've never had a problem.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 4:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I changed my son's last name after school started kindergarten year. I took his new birth certificate to the school & showed them & requested the change in his records. They changed it & that was that. They had been teaching him his "old" name & just switched to teaching him the new last name. He already knew what the name was going to be & we had practiced it at home so it wasnt that big of a deal. He's 17 now & he barely remembers having learned to write the other name even.
    Anonymous