Getting 2 year old in her own bed.

Yes, shes going to be 2 and still sleeps with us. She has a nice bed nice room all decked out in great things and she doesnt even use it! She rarely plays in there too.

I need to figure out how to get her used to sleeping in her own bed at night. I was thinking about getting a humidifier to drown out sound as well. im also very paranoid about her window and anyone can walk right up to it and break into it. advice?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it's the lock on the window you're worrying about then you could get a new window put in or alternatively just get a child lock put on the inside, I find those things so hard to get off and think it would strengthen it somewhat. If it's the position you're worried about then I think you'd have to get a new window put in, a very strong one which would put your mind at rest.

When moving children into their own room I normally start by placing them into their own bed after they've fallen asleep so they realise when they wake up there that it wasn't all that bad! Then after a week or so of that start sitting in their room until they fall asleep and if they crawl into my bed place them back. Just be consistent really and after a while she'll forget she ever used to sleep in yours!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2011