What can I give her to feel better?

My 7 yr. old dd came home from school saying her tummy hurt I usually make them a snack after school but she barely ate I did not take her too serious bc she was laughing I mean she was acting herself then she complained about her stomach again she kind of just laid around doing nothing...She asked me to rub her belly so I got some baby lotion and rubbed her belly as I was doing this I noticed her tummy would make these weird sounds like big bubble popping...hmm? I finished she said she felt better so then I continue to do what I was doing when all of a sudden she darts straight to the bathroom to the toilet I am like omg are you ok!?!?! She throws up I quickly got the shower going she takes a shower then she is ok. I started to make dinner she did not want to eat, she fell asleep on the sofa I have a small wastebasket with a plastic bag in it incase she needs to puke again...my poor baby I think she probably ate something at school.
What can I do to make her feel better...If she is still feeling this way tomorrow I am taking her to the doctor just to be safe.
Thanks ladies for listening;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Stomach bugs run rampant through schools this time of year. When she wakes up see if she can take a sip of water. If she keeps it down for 5 minutes, give her another sip. Just try to make sure she gets liquids. She will let you know when she is feeling better. You probably don't need to take her to the doctor unless she isn't taking in any liquids in the morning. Kids can dehydrate easily, especially if they have diarrhea. Her stomach may still hurt tomorrow, but if she is keeping liquids down, she should be fine.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Just give her lots of fluids and let her rest. You can try some soup if she starts feeling better. I know there has been a stomach bug going around and it comes on fast. There probably won't be anything a doctor can do.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I agree with pp push fluids, don't worry about solids for now. Sounds like a stomach bug, allow her to eat bland foods if she's saying she's hungry, toast, applesauce, things of that nature. Popsicles to help with dehydration and my son's Dr. always recommends clear liquids other then water. I guess tap water is very harsh on the stomach and people always push it with young ones and it can actually upset their stomach more. I hope she feels better :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2011