Is it worth bringing up?

My daughter has known her shapes since she was a year and a half. When her teacher sends home the accessment she states that she cant recognize HALF of them! Is my dd just distracted? Should I let the teacher know that she does know her shapes or let it go?

Her teacher only has 12 kids in the class so I would think shed know when dd is just not cooperating. Am I wrong to assume that? I def love her teacher so its not that Im mad a ther.

She is only 4 and will not be graded. So is it worth it?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It is always good to point things out. And also you have to see why your child is not showing what she knows?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I would talk to the teacher.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I had this EXACT same problem. We had a parent/teacher conference and she told me my DD knew hardly nothing she was supposed to and I knew this wasn't true. I wondered if she was doing the assessment while other's were playing or something and Ella was distracted or in a hurry. For whatever reason, that day during the conference I was unable to say anything to her b/c I felt like I could cry. I had had a bad day already. So the next day, I did talk to her about it and it made me feel better.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2011