Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi I have 6 months old daugher and I amd visiting my Huby in Demark . Now my baby need her 3rd vaccination as she become 6 months old now . But here Dr said that she now need vaccination only when she will be 12 months old. It is not like US and now I am confused what to do I will go back us when she will be 10 months.Please give me any suggesion what I should do now.

Immunization related problem.

Answer Question

Asked by Roza1227 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • I'd wait until you come home. Then you can gradually catch up on what she missed. I wouldn't suggest getting them all at once, but one or maybe two at each visit until she is caught up.

    Answer by Krysta622 at 8:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • I personally am rethinking vaccinations all together.... however my son has an appointment with his Pediatrician today and I'll be letting him know that we'll be delaying vaccines at the very least. So personally in your situation I wouldn't fret and would just wait.

    Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:56 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • I would wait. a lot of parents are opting to gradually give vac now anyways. a few months shouldn't make a huge difference. I think the ages are just when they "can" give it to a child not that they "had" to have them at that age.If it were me I would wait until you were able to go to her normal doctor.

    Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 9:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • If they won't do it, then talk to your doctor when you get back to the states and ask how you should do things. I personally feel that vaccines are very important, and I've done plenty of research on them so I know that they aren't nearly as risky as some people feel they are. If you can contact your US doctor while you're in Denmark, you could ask for advice, too.

    Answer by degsyuna at 9:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • I would wait till you come home. and just catch her up.

    Answer by brannen at 9:39 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • Ahh...just dont let her eat anything over there bring your own formula, in a can sealed since you cant bring liquids on the plane,

    im sure she will be fine ...

    just wait for it,

    * ps

    I dont know why some want you to wait honestly....some are against it...but ;o)

    If i said i was against putting shoes on my feet would you follow and play in the snow with me?


    Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • I know international calls are expensive; but can you call your pedi at home and ask if they'd rather you wait - or - I'm sure if you got back and tell the Dr you saw there that she's a citizen of the US and her regular pedi would like her to have this vaccine would htey please give it to her...etc...I'm sure they would...

    Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • Anon...I'm not against Vax, I suggested she wait until she is home so that she can see her pedi, and since the doc where she is now says she is not due for anything according to their schedule, so really, its not waiting if the doc isn't going to vax her... do I make sense? It makes sense in my head, but did it come out right??

    Answer by Krysta622 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • Wait until you get home and then catch up, it won't hurt her.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • yea def. wait till you get home and then catch up..i lost my insuracne for like 2 Noah missed his 4 month shots and had to get them at 5 1/2...but hes doing k..just a bit behind and its not the end of the world!

    Answer by SweetPoison at 10:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.