Just a quick question :)

Has anyone ever had an luck covering a sectional with loose fit sofa slipcovers?? if you position them just right??? My sectional is beat to hell and with a 2 1/2 year old and 3 animals Im not getting a new sofa :)

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 8:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I cannot figure out how the sofa covers work. They are very expensive to buy new. Have you tried a thrift store. You can probably get one for the price of a cover. We have a Salvation Army auction three times a week and sofas start at $15. They usually go for $15. Fantastic ones might get up to $80.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I understand....but I couldn't stand the thought of sitting where someone else did and sleeping, etc....plus there's always a chance of bed bugs too...I've dealt with those after a vacation and we had to throw all of our furniture away...not a chance Im willing to take again. it's a very nice $3000 sectional...just the material is getting stained and worn...super comfy otherwise...
    calliesmommie

Comment by calliesmommie (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Get some good quality, high threadcount king size sheets and drape them over the couch, tucking in wherever you can. If you can't tuck because of the shape of the sofa, or if the sheets keep un-tucking and it drives you crazy, you can staple the sheets to the cushions. If the sofa is already beat up, it won't matter, and you can put the stapels in places where they won't be seen, touched or eaten :)
    Robbiesmommy83

Answer by Robbiesmommy83 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I've used a thin bedspread
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2011