Best way to induce labor?

My bestie is 6 days over due! Help!

lilmamii32888

Asked by lilmamii32888 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Primorose Oil tablets...this is probably bad but towards the end I wanted that baby out soooooo bad I was popping them like candy! He was 2 weeks early.../.my friend mom is a midwife and thats what she said to do
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I've found sex to be the most effective.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Sex or oral sex that will make you ORGASM!!! An orgasm makes your uterin muscles contract which can trigger labor. GL Go have some fun with your man!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 9:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• She's tried sex but is so miserable its almost ikmpossible! Walking kills her legs:( primrose oil sounds ok if its safe, ill have her look into it. What else? Thx so much y'all!! Any answer helps! :)
    lilmamii32888

Comment by lilmamii32888 (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• The best way, and take it from someone that was prego with twins till her ninth month, and two days over due. Yup..with twins and over due! Walk Walk Walk...walk up a hill, just keep walking. Make sure you have water on hand of course. But try to walk up a big hill a couple of times. It works. Also try sitting on the edge of your bed and bounce.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• if your doc says its ok to go in one of the old tales i have been told by many people is go to some place with stairs go u and down 3 times and this sounds funny but if you SO go home and get laid... also there is foot and ankel message that has worked for some people
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Best as in most effect or most safe?

Sex and walking cover them both, after that not worth it.

Why do you want to induce, though??
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I was 9 over days over due. I could not walk because my sciatica nerves hurt so bad, but I had 3 other kids to deal with. If she is so miserable, tell her doctor to induce her. Some people may disagree with this, but I walked, had sex, had my membranes stripped, tried pressing certain nerves, but still nothing... The baby will come when it is ready. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I'm not my friend iS. Thanks to u all!
    lilmamii32888

Comment by lilmamii32888 (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Sex!
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2011