My daughter got her ears pierced 2 years ago and hasnt had a earing in her ear since but her right ear (where it was pierced) has pus coming out adult content

its alot and its every couple of weeeks that it gets bad...it dosent hurt her i jsut notice it and drain it...i dont know why i does that she hasnt had any thing in her ears and it wasnt infected when she got it pierced she was just too young and she pulled the earings out....so what should i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• mine do that ever once in a while. I had my nipples done awhile back and haven't had them for 6yrs and I can squeaze it out every week or so not watery but its pus. I think its just from the scar tissue
    kadensmom04

Answer by kadensmom04 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• You need to take her to the pediatrician. SHe may have an infection that will needs medicine, either oral or topical.. Ifections can spread, so don't ignore it.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Take her to the Dr. There is obviously some kind of localized infection.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• lean her head over the sink and pour hydrogine proxide on her ear and dab at it with a tissue, keep putting that on every couple hours or so and in the next day or two id have her go see her doctor. Good luck!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 9:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• this is normal for a young person to have there ears infected do to piercing. every morning and every night soak her ears in hydra-peroxide(this will sting and she may cry) if in a week it has not gotten better at all take her in to the doctor. just encase give the doc a call see what they suggest s .
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Um... Antibiotics. Ever heard of them? If she was pierced with a gun, rather than a needle there is excessive scar tissue which is prone to infection. ***THIS*** is why parents need to stop mutilating their infants for the sake of fashion. (BTW, I'm not against piercing a child that is old enough to ask, to understand pain, and to care for them- but for the love of pete... piercing an infant is abuse!)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2011