What is the appropiate age to allow a little boy to watch pro wrestling?

I have a 19 month old son who loves to watch wrestling!

ShellyRo

Asked by ShellyRo at 9:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would not want my toddler watching this
    they act out what they see
    can not see difference from play and real

way way way too early for this
    just my opinion
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• WWE wrestling?
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Our son watches too and he is 17 months old, but he's daddy is a huge fan. lol
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I would say like 10-11 yo honestly, if not later. At this age he doesnt understand that it is pretend and might start acting out what he sees and you will have a hard time with teaching him out of it.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 9:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• my son is 25 months old and has been watching boxing with his papa since he was one....there is some negatives that can come from them watching shows like this. My son thinks its okay to box his friends at daycare sometimes b/c him and his papa box and he sees the boxers doing it. it can send mixed ideas but if you talk to your son about what is happening and that only these men do this not you and you friends (speaking to your son) if your son is in childcare of any kind that is
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I still haven't allowed it, my eldest son is 7. I'm just not comfortable with him watching that sort of thing.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It probably wasn't too apropriate, but both of mine watched it pretty much from birth, mainly because we are huge fans. Really didn't negatively affect them. We told them early on it was all fake.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My husband is a HUGE fan and grew up watching it with his grandfather. He does not allow our sons to watch it and will not watch it if they are still up or in the room. He says that, looking back, he shouldn't have been allowed to watch it that young. To him, it will depend on the maturity of the kids, but maybe 10 or 12 years old he will think about it. But, it most likely won't happen at all for my son who has autism. He is like most little kids and mimics what he sees.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2011