At my wits end adult content

I can't stand my teenager. He is 16 and treats me and his sister like shit. He talks to me like I'm trash and at times I'm actually scared. I don't know what to do, I really really want to run away, (yeah, I sound like a kid myself) but I can't leave my daughter with him. She is now a cutter because of him (and all the fighting me and him do). He has major anger issues, and has absolutely no respect for me. His comebacks also consist of comparing my old high school to his (his is like number 2 in the state, and my old school isn't. so, he says things "oh, what school did you go to? oh yeah, where you either end up in jail or in a cube." Which, of course, i work in a cube. His aunt, who also went to this school, is now a VP. BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER!) I'm already messed up - I'm bi-polar, and I have my own issues, but when he gets in these arrogant asshole moods, my chest tightens up, my skin crawls and I don't know what to do. He's broken the door off the hinge, he shattered a hanger against the wall where its broken the drywall, he threw his game controller and broke it, after that he picked up his chair in his room and threw it, which bent the curtain rod. yes, I know, its all my fault. It always is, but I don't know what to do. I'm looking for a counselor for my daughter, and him, but I don't know why - it'll be a waste of money, he won't talk. In fact, when we used to go to therapy, he was sometimes worse afterwards, kind of like punishing me for making him go there. I can't send him to his dad's because he wouldn't take him.

I really don't know what to do - I really want to disappear.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I wish i could help you, i feel so bad
    is there any male role model in his life? a school counsiler- maybe you can speak to
    a bit confused about the school thing, i think he is proud of how he does at school, it so, try to get his school involved
    maybe he would not want his school to know his real actions at home, is there anyone at his school you can talk to
    even video tape him (without him knowing of course) and confide in school counsiler??

praying you for, can not imagine the fear you have
    that sucks!!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Does he have a mental problem too? I'm not kidding. Maybe this is just a teen. Maybe send him to boot camp or can you send him to someone else in the family?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Elementary and middle school - I knew the teachers / staff, this high school I know no one. And he is such a great student they probably wouldn't believe me. Teacher's pet and all that. It took forever for my sister to believe me, and she tries to talk to him but that doesn't help. One ear out the other.
    Positivie male role model? Hell no - his dad is a freakin loser, and there's no uncles, or what have you. I just keep thinking about college and him going away and how thing swill calm down a bit. How horrible is that? I feel like suck a loser. When he's not in his moments, he's almost fun to be around, but when he's in a mood - watch out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• he probably is bi-polar as well, but I don't have the 600 bucks for this one mental place to have him tested. i dont' want to go to some place that will just drug him. and boot camp - thought about it, but he has the personailty that the drill sargent would love, and he'd be buddy buddy there and come back worse.

I used to send him to my sister's house, but thats almost like a reward - act up and go to the rich aunts house that has all the toys.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Please get family therapy

Answer by rkoloms at 10:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• send him to an emergancy 3 days at bowen center to see if he has an emotional disorder. i was a mess at one point and i was sent there for an emergancy 3 elvauation. it can really open your eyes. i know it sounds extreme but seems he needs it. if you and your daughter are afriad of your lives something needs to happen and happen fast before everyone goes off the deep end. good luck and keep me posted. i would really like to help. i am 22 years old and been a huge wreck and i believe i could really help you out with the teens.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 5:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Not sure what a bowen center is or emergancy 3 evaluation
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2011