What did they NOT tell you about pregnancy?

Lets make this fun :)

"They" never told me that i wont be able to poop after wards.... that ill be cringing on the toilet yelling to my SO...."i swear! this time is for real!" only to be let down in failure....

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no one told me how totally wonderful the feeling your baby move into you would be
    and
    how obsolutely impossible it would be to move when you are far along
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• LOL! How about needing help w/ getting shoes & socks on! Or after you've had the baby, you're nursing & wearing one of those pads in your nursing bra to catch the leaks, only to have it fall to the floor of the supermarket when you bend down to pick something up! (That really happened to me-lol!)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Oye, when they massage your uterus afterwards.... Sucked!! That was terrible, especially with my ds, my uterus wouldn't contract so she had to massage it for 30 minutes and I had lost a ton of blood so wasn't able to doing anything without a nurses help for 24 hr post.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• HA OR when you have a c section you HAVE to pass gas in order to eat something and having a lot of guests over during this time is not pleasant for them :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• 'They' never told me I'd be induced and in labor for 2 days before someone decided to have some mercy on me and give me an emergency c-section which would end up with me having an infection and not being able to hold my daughter for 3 days. That was flippin awful.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• That you would have to wear support hose because of varicose veins and that they were virtually impossible to get off during the summer months. God forbid you'd have to pee!!
    momofne

Answer by momofne at 10:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• after a c section you have to wear these leg things to pump your blood so they dont clot.. and they itch like a bitch
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• They never told me that induction would up the odds for a c-section.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• No one ever told me how fucking amazing it was to meet my baby and how much i would love her
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 4:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I wish that someone would have told me that when you wheeze your uterus contracts and if you use your albuterol it ups the intensity of your contraction when it wears off. If I had known this I would not have been in triage so many times before they finally figured it out. When I asked the dr why he didn't tell me his response was "it only happens to about 1 in 500 woman and telling every pregnant woman would just scare them". I thought that that info may have been helpful.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:54 AM on Feb. 9, 2011