Threading for hair removal question...

I am thinking of getting threading done on my eyebrows. I am pretty sure i could stand the pain from that, I pluck regularly. But the question is have you even had it done on the upper lip or chin? How bad does it hurt?
Since I have had kids I have gotten seriously hairy. It is embarrassing to say the least. What has your experience been with the threader?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• The first time I had my eyebrows done, it didn't hurt at all. So, I figured the next time that I went in I would have my chin/upper lip done as well. IT HURT. However, I think it was because of the lady who did mine because it also hurt to have my eyebrows done that time when before it didn't. I have heard that the more you have it done, the less it hurts each time.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Give me wax any day. Threading is effective. It lasts a long time too...but it was just way to painful. I have a high pain threshold, but my skin is very, very senstive. It was not a good experience. I would never do it again.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i thread my eye brows and anywhere else needed myself ive done my lip and it didnt hurt much....

i love threading and its actually easy to learn and a money saver if u can do it.. youtube how to its really easy thats how i learned to
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• The lady that I had do it had me almost in tears. I will take any other method.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Well my first & only time was PAINFUL I could hardly sit still to have her finish (my eyebrows) it was so brutal for me never again I just stick to waxing......for some its a breez, but I do not like it, also I was so red and a little bumpy above my brows for days afterwords. My eyes were non stop tearing man that lady must of thought I was such a wimp haha...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• is that just with thread? If so they did a patch on my arm and it did not hurt at all
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I have my eyebrows threaded. Have my entire life really (even my grandmother would thread eyebrows for women.. lol.. it's the standard way of doing it for many Indian women).. I have never threaded any other area though.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• All I can say is "Ouch" and "Good luck" !!!
    whiskey80

Answer by whiskey80 at 2:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2011