Any direct sales/home party consultants out there?

I'm an "Independent PartyLite Consultant", and only make enough to keep my website up and running, and myself in candles! LOL Anyone else out there in direct sales, and are you making enough to call it a second job, a full time career, or just a hobby? Also, if you're trying to make a career out of it, do you have a supportive family?

hrh.sassypants

Asked by hrh.sassypants at 10:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• Hi there!

Yes direct sales, defiantly not a 'party' consultant!!! No working around other peoples schedules for me :-)
    I am building my business while working full time so I can quit my full time J.O.B and work from home on a permanent basis and start a family!
    I call it my first income, and it is producing great results for me.

I am also extremely fortunate as I have a very supportive husband and this business would not work for me if my husband did not support or believe in it and the amazing products!

How long have you been involved in your direct selling business?

Cheers
    Rebecca Lewis
    www.forget925.com
    RebeccaLewis

Answer by RebeccaLewis at 10:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You need to expand your professional and personal network, and not be afraid to sell to and recruit everyone you meet

Answer by rkoloms at 10:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I'm with Mia Bella's and I do very with it. It's more of a career for me than a second job. I also have family support. My husband helps me out when I need it.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I am in direct sales w/ Gold Canyon Candles and absolutely love it! I have great support from my family, my friends and my group of moms that are also in the same business! I love that I have more than just parties to make my income. There are always going to be times when business is slow, for everyone, it may just be different timing is all. Best of luck to you!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 10:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I've been a consultant for about a year and a half. I did great the first several months, earning lots of cash and product. I sustained a back injury and had to have surgery; it's been a long, slow recovery process and I really had to take a step back from my business. I keep it going in a small way by choice right now, but I do hope to pick up the pace this year! I love my PartyLite business, and feel they have the best consultant program out there, but I was really just curious as to how other people like direct sales. Like I said, I still make enough to pay for my website, and to let me buy all the candles and Two Sisters Gourmet I want!
    hrh.sassypants

Comment by hrh.sassypants (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I am a Rep with Juice Plus. I work in my spare time and make more money then if I were at a job all day. I tried other direct sales in the past and found myself in your same situation. Working with Juice Plus is different and something everyone can use. The subject of health comes up every day and Juice Plus offers people a simple way to help accomplish dietary and nutritional goals. If you would like more info please feel free to contact me. The health and wellness industry is booming right now.
    www.welovejuiceplus.com
    Full time, part time, spare time, it's up to you.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 3:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2011