Afraid husband is going to leave adult content

This is going to sound kind of weird but i am afraid my husband is going to leave me for someone skinnier. i weighed 115 pounds when we got together but 2 kids and almost 8 years later i weigh a lot more than that. he says he is happy and my weight doesnt bother him. should i just forget about it?

I have tried losing weight but after a surgery i have gained almost all the weight back i lost and am hungry all the time now. Trying to figure that out with the doctor

newlife627

Asked by newlife627 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Why is this listed as a TMI question??? It's about weight loss...

Try baby carrots and celery when starving feeling comes, will help between time! ~*Wink*~ ... and if he leaves you over weight he never loved you to begin with!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• If the weight bothers YOU that much, ask your husband if he can work out with you.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i think that if you already talked to him and he said he still loves you and isnt going to leave you beacuase you gained weight then i would forget it and if not then tlak to him more about it
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I say listen to your husband, I am with you I know it's hard to believe that when you are not comfortable with yourself I am the same way. The key for me is understanding the way I feel about myself will only change if I do something about it or at least try, I am slowly regaining my confidence back. My husband tells me he loves my body the way it is and I appreciate it. Good luck I am right there where you are!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i was 120 and nowafter 3 kids alot more...I feel that pain. I am now losing its not easy! Your hubby sounds supportive so I think your being self conscious which is understandable...When we are small for so long its hard to accept being bigger...i can't accept it!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I would listen to your husband i had the same fear when my DD was born and talked to my husband and he told me he didn't fall in love with my weight but with the person i am and would love me no matter what sounds like your husband thinks the same hon
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 10:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i agree with Olivia; ask him to work out with you, it is actually a great way to bond with him; i've been there.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I've been every weight imaginable during 11 years of marriage, two kids and one on the way. When it comes to weight issues and husbands, what's important is showing that you're doing something about it if it's bothering YOU.
    Were you on steroids before or after your surgery? That can affect your ability to drop the weight, but thankfully not forever, the effect does fade and you can accelerate things by doing both 30-45 minutes of cardio and 30-45 minutes of weight-bearing exercise daily.
    One thing that has always worked for me to quell that hungry feeling is to eat LARGE portions of vegetables, like big salads (no dressing) or steamed or raw vegetables. Also, drinking 12oz of water before you eat helps the hungries too.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:09 AM on Feb. 9, 2011