Should I be mad at my MIL?

Ok We have a 3 yr old daughter and my husband has a 9 yr old son and his mother last seen the kids new years eve. That makes me mad that she sees them maybe once a month if they are lucky. Well today we get his son from school and he says last weekend he stayed the weekend with his YIYI( My husbands mom) and it pisses me off cause why wasnt my daughter invited. Her son HAS 2 KIDS not one. Should I tell her this? I have told her another time cause she didnt even see my daughter till she was 8 months old but sees his son all the time.....HELP

Mrs.Norris

Asked by Mrs.Norris at 10:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• You have a right to be pissed, but in my opinion and experience, you don't want your kids around people who don't truly love or care for them anyway. Don't beg anyone to be in your daughter's life. Its her loss.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• So is she seeing the boy when he's with your husband's ex? It sounds like there are all kinds of issues going on here. Also, I would seriously consider whether or not I wanted my daughter spending a lot of time with your MIL.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• That Would Reallly Bother Me.
    MommyKayla777

Answer by MommyKayla777 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i would be mad and i would first talk to your husband and see what he thinks about talking to your mil but i would let them know how you feel
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Not neccissarily mad, but I can see you wanting your daughter to have a relationship with her Grandma. Just casually ask her why she doesn't see her Granddaughter as much and inquire about maybe her seeing her more.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It's different to care for a 9-yo vs. a 3-yo. Have you considered that she just doesn't have the energy to keep up with the 3yo? My mother has a much easier time with my 2 older ones; she has had them over for a sleepover without my youngest (3). I don't take offense at all, I understand.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Try not to compare the two. They are different kids and there are different reasons. Ask your MIL over for dinner or take her with you on family outings. Do not leave it up to her. Maybe the boys mother asked for help from her. The things that you do with a nine year old are different than what you do with a three year old. I love my grandchildren all of them. But it is difficult to do the same with them all. They are not the same people. They all come for a week in the summer. It is much, much easier to have them at seperate times and do things that they enjoy and it also gives me an opportunity to get to know them better as individuals.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• same situation here. mil always wants to keep my step daughter but never keeps or even asks about our boys...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 10:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I would be mad too!!
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 11:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yes, I'd be mad....My MIL has always had favorites among the grandchildren and has always treated one of my kids like crap...she is 20 now and is still hurt from this woman's rejection. :(
    Anonymous