I am so stressed from work, pressure to perform/office politic, money, bonus, etc.

My mind is racing a thousand miles an hour, there seems to be endless to-do list at home and at work. I barely have time to myself, every night I go to bed around 12 or 1 in the morning and get up around 6. I am constantly exhausted, coffee is what gets me going. I know I should go to bed earlier, but I need the time to unwind. I feel so stressed that I am numb right now. My husband does help, but even with his help, I still feel I am spread thin. Does anyone have some advise for me? (p.s. I don't drink, so a glass of wine is out of the question)

Olivia4116

Asked by Olivia4116 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Health

• Meditation helps...also putting it all into perspective...stop going for perfection...don't jump through the hoops that are being set before you...relax....have an attitude problem.....look for a less stressful job, downsize and simplify your life...would you be happier staying home? Or working part time? What would you be willing to give up to make that happen? Just some ideas to think about...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Have you thought about joining a gym? (I know, you're already stretched for time) 30 minutes 3 times a week can really make a difference in your energy level. It will also give you time to yourself, to focus on you. A massage every few weeks will also give you a boost, it's great for the circulation,
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• ~*Mindless*~... find something that is mindless but entetaining to do?!?! Like play games... I do Sims, EQ, Latte Land here on CM, and answer questions

~*Unwind*~ into a hot bubble bath with soothing music.. must also be upbeat and remind you of better times

~*Clean*~... I do this when stressed because it helps me think more clearly, as I vent in my head, and I have a postively clean house in the end!!!

~*Garden*~... I find growing plants as a positive/rewarding expirience, and tending to them takes my mind off the "to do" list!

~*Comedy*~... Whether stand up or a funny movie, life is too short to be miserable
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I know how you feel! I wrk at a bank so theres endless goals, pressure and stress to get accts, than I have 3 little ones which leaves little "me" time, which I feel is very important for us moms. One time, I took a day off from work just to get some time to myself. If your finances allow you too, I say you should do the same. I also like the gym idea. After a good workout I feel so refreshed! Good luck mama
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 10:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I am so right there with you. I read the question and thought, man, did I write this? Amazing. Exactly like my life (well the hours are a bit different, because I get up earlier/sleep earlier...but basically exactly the same.
    As a matter of fact, cafemom has been getting me through some of the stressful periods just because it is SO NOT like my work. I get on here, and read all sorts of things that have NOTHING to do with my life, and I can relax and unwind a bit, and even share some things with my hubs that I wouldn't have otherwise thought to talk about with him. Before cafemom, I had to take a vacation, or have a really good girlfriend around...good luck.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 6:17 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Take some days off to unwind.
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• a good foot rub is very helpful.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions/perspectives. It's nice to know there's a whole group of us out there. Today was a stressful today, but I was looking forward to all of your responses. I think I will try all the suggestions (maybe the gym will have to wait a little bit...it feels like a chore to me). Thanks!!
    Olivia4116

Comment by Olivia4116 (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2011