baby swing suggestions?

I would like to know what kind of swing is best for baby. What kind did yours like? The forward/backward swing, the side-to-side swing, what brand? Thanks for any suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a swing that went back and forth and also side to side. My first daughter loved it going side to side, it was my life saver when the house needed cleaning. My second daughter didnt really like it at all, she was colicky and wanted to be held most.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I had a regular full sized forward swinging swing. If I had another baby, I'd just invest in the travel swing because it takes up less space and it always seemed I could really use it when I wasn't at home.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I'm getting the 3-in-1 rocker swing for my next baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have the Fisher Price Papasan Cradle swing, it is wonderful!!! It swings side to side and front to back and it has a cute mobile on it with bears that hang, and at night lights can be turned on and stars shine everywhere. I def recommend!!!!
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 9:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have the Fisher Price Nature swing it swings back to front and side to side. He loves it.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 9:37 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• They normally all go side to side and back and forth.

I do enjoy looking at this great little swing that i cant afford * 180???

i will have to look it up in the links...

but it does so much more than...rock ..it goes side to side...vibes...music....sense of smells etc etc
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Next baby we have we are investing in the fisher price papasan cradle swing!!!! Blue eyes above made a great suggestion. Google it and check it out!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have the Fisher Price rainforrest swing, and my dd loves it. She is 9 months old and still likes to be in her swing every once in a while. It goes back and forth and side to side. We use the side to side and it is good. The best feature of this swing is that it plugs in!!! We never have to put batteries in it.
    hutch2579

Answer by hutch2579 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have a fisher price papason swing it can swing both ways. very nice and it uses batt. or a power cord....so saves on money.

italian_mama

Answer by italian_mama at 11:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I had both types of swings and my son loved his side to side Papasan Nature swing.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 11:28 AM on Nov. 17, 2008