HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

My 2 year old does not want to sleep by herself.

She's been up there for 3 hours, screaming and crying.

I just became a stay at home mom, so she's constantly attached to my hip. I go in every 15 minutes, tuck her in and tell her I love her.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just continue to go in and check on her and lay he rback down calmly let her know its bed time and go back out, slowly spread the time out that you do this.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It sounds like you are doing good. It just takes time.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Does she usually sleep alone? If so, maybe there is something else wrong? Dirty diaper? Hungry? Sick? If not, she may just need more attention. Make sure you are following a routine every night, and she's in bed about the same time every evening. If not, she'll never know when to be tired. Good luck! It will get better!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 10:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• is this a new thing? if not her usual bedtime thing - the i say she might be coming down with something

if this is she usual bedtime thing, then you are doing everything right, it is just her being a two yr old, some sleep well other do not, she will sleep by herslef, may take some time, momNbaby is right about just keep going in reassuring and leaving, then back in after a time

hugs- this is hard on her and harder on you...hang in there
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• dont even check on her its hard but eventualy she will cry her self to sleep you going up there is making her think you will come when she throws a tantrom. thats what we had to do with my room mates daughter and also saw it on super nany she delt with this many times
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Snag the "Super nanny"book at your local library... they have one on this and it is FREE to check out
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It is so hard to hear our children cry. We feel like we are doing something wrong, when we are not. I saw a Super Nanny episode when she suggested that the parents stay in the room with the child. Put the baby in her bed, turn off the lights and sit on the floor. Keep your head down and do not make contact. Make sure there is no distraction. Every 10 or 15 minutes move closer and closer to the door. Eventually you will be able to move out of the room or she will go to sleep. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I am a big softy when it came to putting my babies to sleep. Follow a routine, a nice warm bath, read stories, play a little with her up there in her room so she is happy to be in her room, maybe rock her or cuddle a little before she falls asleep...and then pat her to sleep in her crib. Keep her room clean and comforting, interesting. You know I have four and they all now go to bed on their own and go to sleep by themselves. I say its o.k. to rock and snuggle while they fall asleep if they need you because now I sure miss those moments...enjoy it. She may feel like you are going back to work during the day so play games like peek a boo during the day...give her more confidence building activities during the day like going to the park, or little errands.
    Anonymous