BABY FORMULA

My 1wk old baby has been drinking Good Start Protect Plus since birth. Now WIC is giving me Good Start Gentle Plus..will this new formula affect the baby in any way? or are they pretty much the same thing? what is the different between each? Thanks :)

YaneLove

Asked by YaneLove at 10:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Labels... compare the labels....
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• The protect plus is supposed to give the same antibodies as breast milk to help your kids from getting sick. The other stuff is just simple formula with dhr and dha (?) nutrients. Not sure if this is correct. Anyway, when changing formulas, you do not want to to just quit one and start another, you need to ease into it. Give all of her feedings with the old formula, except one. Do this for a couple of days. Then give an extra feeding of the new stuff. Do this until she has switched completely. You want to be careful because switching suddenly can hurt your babies stomach.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• BWAHAHAHAHA!!! did you really just say "same antibodies as breastmilk"? OMFG... you people will believe anything.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• They both are made from GMOs, pesticides, MSG (glutamic acid), etc. http://www.truthinlabeling.org/formulacopy.html

Answer by rkoloms at 6:10 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would think that it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and switch the formula since your baby is just a week old and hasn't been on it for long. I give my baby the Good Start Gentle Plus formula by choice. We are not on WIC. He tolerates it very well. He used to drink Enfamil but it gave him lots of gas. There isn't much difference between the Protect Plus and Gentle Plus. You can compare them on Gerber's Website. If you have any concerns call your baby's dr's office and ask the nurse.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• You may want to mix your bottles 1/2 and 1/2, (old and new), to ease him into the new formula, changing can sometimes upset a babies stomach; but I know people that just switch and there are no issues.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• our doctor told us that it doesnt hurt the baby at all to switch but not to switch real often so i think you will be just fine if you only switch once
    lisaslab

Answer by lisaslab at 4:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2011