Are these auras? Energy fields? Hallucinations?

I'm a 43yo woman, and just today I noticed that surrounding people, especially near their heads, I can see an slight....disturbance, for lack of a better word. My first thought was that this is what people see when they talk about auras, but the disturbance is translucent and colorless. I don't have any great interests in auras and had not been reading or watching anything about them, so I don't think it's a power of suggestion type thing. I'm not seeing anything else unusual except for these...disturbances. I'm stumped.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Could be a possibility. Not all auras are filled with colors. Or if you haven't been in tuned to it or practiced it enough, you'd only get a guideline of an idea instead of colors flourishing. Maybe a change in your life brought it out, maybe every now and again your subconscious brings out a piece of your inner indigo and your reaction determines if its something to pursue. I really couldn't say what it could be. If you want to call it a disturbance...it will probably go back into "hiding" soon. I really don't know, but it is possible that it could be aura perception.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 11:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I've been seeing those too since I was a little kid. Sometimes the ones I see have color but they're usually whiteish..I 'm not sure what to think of it.
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 11:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• sounds like an aura to me. Cool!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It could be auras, which can be translucent, or energy fields, everyone puts off as well. To me, it sounds like those two are the most plausible explanations. I wish I could help you more, but I don't know that much about it. I usually feel the energy rather than see it.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I only saw something like that twice and both times I had hit my head pretty hard. The first time I saw my moms. It was translucent and golden in color. The second time I had hit my head in the front and lost my sight for about thirty minutes. When my sight started coming back at first all I could see was a white translucent outline of people. That was really interesting.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Do you suffer from migraines? Often migraine sufferers will also have visual distortions. I do believe in auras related to the type of energy people put out.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:19 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I'd have youre eyes checked first and foremost.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It's the etheral (?? not sure) layer of the aura, if it was a silvery line. I would have to drag out a book to know for sure, but most people can see that much of an aura. But yeah check your eyes first and foremost. If they are good that's what I'd say you were looking at.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2011