Do you hate your kids' stepmother?

So I've been with my husband for 5 years, married 2 1/2. He was already divorced when I met him, his ex already in a significant relationship w/ someone else. No jealousy issues, or feelings that I was "the other woman". I have a great relationship w/ their 2 kids, now 11SD and 8SS. I have never been anything but polite and respectful to this woman, and she acts as though she hates me! Well, there was that one unfortunate incident when I vented to my husband via text and accidentally sent it to her.....but she hated me even before then! :-) Any BM's out there w/ some insight as to why you might hate your kids' stepmom, when she truly does just have your kids' best interests at heart?

hrh.sassypants

Asked by hrh.sassypants at 11:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I never hated my sons step mother. Even though she didn't talk to me. I just told my boys she was shy and that they should respect her. Later the boys told me she said bad things about me but I don't care. I live in a world where I can only control how I treat people. I am responsible for me and if I am being responsible then I can stand proud regardless of others actions or words. Since they have divorced and my ex has a new women (whom I haven't met yet) I will show her the same respect.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• no, i don't hate her. i am polite and respectful to her. if she does happen to be rude and disrespectful or whatever i don't give 2 thoughts about it and let her be on her way.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 11:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• oh, and because... they are MY babies. The "other woman" has no business in their life.
    period!!!! I am their mother.. no more. :)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Maybe because she treats my children like second class citizens! Smiling all the while! There is not a word strong enough to describe my feelings towards her.
    Anonymous

• I think it's a Jealousy issue.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• oh lord do i know how you feel! my ex husband got married last august to a woman that he couldnt get along with. dont ask me why but he did. his wife hasnt liked me from day one and has never spoken kind words to me or about me.. do i hate her no, i just gotten to the point where i dont care what she thinks. she tells my dd i neglect her because she needed to go to the dentist, which her day didnt pay child support on time so it made it difficult and be cause she had lice... but his wife had it worse... she is there every other weekend and blamed dd for giving it to them, nor me nor my other dd had lice... but her dad, the wife, and her two kids did. he ended up taken her to the dentist and she had a root canal done on a baby tooth. well i took her to her dentist here when the support was coming in regular and they ended up pulling the tooth due to it was absessed. she is constantly telling him what to do with dd.
    Teresa2266

Answer by Teresa2266 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I am with my LO's dad-we're married. But of course if my Lo's had one, of course I would hate her.
    Wouldnt' want her around my kids. period
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011