What can i do to get the cradle cap to go away?

My 4 month old son has cradle cap real bad. it's all over his little body. the doctors gave me a prescription of desonide cream, a small tube with no refills. the cream helped while i was using it, but i ran out and the doctors won't give me more for him, and the problem came back worse then before. i don't know what to do.

babymomma101110

Asked by babymomma101110 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i used organic olive oil.. it worked amazing.put it on right before bed. i massaged quite a bit into my sons hair.. not enough that its dripping down but its gotta be wet enough that it wont just all obsorb over night......the next morning use a kid tooth brush. the cheap kind that are really really soft.. and just gently massage the skin off.. it should come off very easy. you wont have to force it off.. do this everynight until its gone.. i only had to do it three times and it wAS %100 GONE!!!
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 11:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• my daughter gets it really bad on her head, i dont know what to use on the body but i use olive oil (for cooking) on her head and wait ten minutes and give her a bath (scrub it with your finger tips, not to hard though) then i comb her hair with a fine tooth comb for babies. it gets all flaky but it worked for me, it is gone most of the time now. i have only had to do that treatment once, for the mild i use baby oild. good luck! and if nothing seems to help and i is bothering him, maybe you should change your doctor because if something is bugging him and they refuse to give you the medicine that helps, i would wonder if they really do care about him.
    92210love

Answer by 92210love at 2:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2011