How can I get to a healthy weight?

I have always been naturally thin. I have a very tiny bone structure, 4'11" but I only weigh 85! I know that sounds really bad, I promise I've never had any kind of eating disorder. My ribs dont stick out or anything I don't look anorexic or anything just really tiny petite. I used to weigh 115 but thats when I was very active swimmer so I ate alot. I lost all that weight over 4 years of quitting swimming. I'm trying to get to a healthy weight I hate being skinny I'd love to have some meat on these bones I hate the way I look. Any tips on what foods to eat and how often. I really want to be around 100-110 soon. I'm also TTC so I definitely need to gain weight before I try cause I dont want to miscarry again :/Help!

bellaambru90

Asked by bellaambru90 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• The MOST important thing is that you're healthy. If you're really healthy at 85, you don't want to eat a lot of high fat foods and put your health at risk. Plant source fats are far better for you than animal fats (avocado, nuts...) so start there. And maybe start working out. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:26 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Visalus has Nutrition shakes that you can either use as a meail replacement to lose weight or you can drink as just a snack(as I do now that I am pregnant) if you just need the nutrtion or in your case looking to gain weight. It's a powder mix that taste and smells like cake and you just mix it with milk, sory milk, water, juice, whatever you want. I love to mix it with skim milk and frozen strawberries :).

It was made by scientist and is the best nutrition shake on the market right now. You can also get it for free so that is always a plus :). Just check it out http://www.christinadennis.bodybyvi.com/

Good Luck hun!!

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 8:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Try adding protein shakes & bars into your diet. Also, eating several small meals per day instead of just a couple bigger meals.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 8:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Healthy fats like olive oils and avocadoes, nuts etc. Increase your calories by consuming lots of healthy foods. Drink shakes and eat lots of healthy snacks.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 10:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2011