I dont like to kiss my husband because....

my husband coughs and hawks up mucus ALL DAY and ALL NIght. Its not a cold, hes been doing this for years. I used to tolerate it up until about a year ago. Ive asked him to go to the dr and he has yet to go. I usually dont get any sleep at night if he goes to bed before i do because he literally coughs and snors all night long. Kissing has become non existant because of this. I love to kiss but this has really turned me off. When we have sex I just peck him on the lips dry mouth. It really takes me outta the mood and is kinda hard to actually make love without kissing eachother. I dont know what else to do. I stopped a year ago because when we kiss, if he swollow, I could smell the mucus (didnt even know it was possible until it happened). It literally made me gag. I really love him and wish we could have that part of our intimacy back but this is driving me crazy and I dont know what else to do. Talking about it only makes me feel like the worlds most horrible and insensitive wife. Pls no bashing I really want some good advice or opinions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• That is pretty gross just tell him how you feel if he wants to kiss you again then he better get his butt to the doctor
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 11:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I think a visit to the doctor is imperative! Michael Douglas' diagnosis of throat cancer started as a cough he thought was related to smoking. When he was diagnosed it was already stage 4. I would err on the safe side.
    Anonymous

• That's real unfortunate- and if anyone bashes you that's just ridiculous. I would definitely go to the doctor about it- or I guess make sure he goes. It can probably be fixed, and what you are thinking/feeling is TOTALLY normal- I'm sure almost any other woman in your shoes would do the same. My SO hacks stuff up every morning, but it's only in the morning when we're not in depthly kissing anyway. So I feel for you, can't imagine if it was all day. Good luck though and just have an open talk with him like you did on this question.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• trip to the doctor. and in the mean time he needs to try going off dairy for 2wks. the dairy thing could do the trick
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• look up a couple things here at  http://notmilk.com/

Anonymous

• i kinda can relate. My son's father works night shift, and his mouth is oddly bigger then mine. so we have our intimate moments right when he wakes for work. so i get this over abundance of "morning breath" and an awkward kiss. so I've learned to snuggle into his neck and nose his ear, i feel it gets me closer to his body mass to feel his passion that way. he also is like that with doctors. but when something really concerns me, I sit him down and tell him: "I love you and want to be with you, I'd like to grow old with you, but i can't do that if you're sick. you may seem fine now, but what if it's something much worse off? i can't raise our child alone." and then i beg for him to go. Good luck
    babymomma101110

Answer by babymomma101110 at 12:26 AM on Feb. 9, 2011