Do you think all women really want to be married?

Even if they say it's just a piece of paper?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't I mean I am 23 and yea marriage crossed my mind but it is just a piece of paper your husband/so/or hubby can still lie cheat and do whatever so save yourself the time and the money you can stay together and never take that trip down the aisle

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 11:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• no. i don't think all women think that way.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No. I had no intention of getting married. Hubby wanted marriage if we were having kids, and I wanted kids. I am married now, and I am quite happy. However, I would be equally happy if we weren't married as I am with the man I love, and we have a wonderful son together. I don't even wear my engagement ring.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Don't women really want a man to make the ultimate commitment to them? How can a woman not want that? Are they lying to themselves and everybody else? I think it's a pride thing. If they don't "want" it then they don't have to feel bad when they can't/don't get it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Not all women want that. Some are very independent, and don't want to answer to someone else.....just like some men.

Are there some women who really secretly want to be married, but say they don't just because the guy doesn't want to commit....of course there are, but there are definitely many strong independent women who simply choose not to be married. I know a couple of women that the guy wants to be married, but she doesn't, and he's the one devastated.

I personally love being married, and it's the right choice for me, but it isn't the right choice for everyone.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Nope
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I don't think all want it, but I will say I DO wish my s/o would propose to me :)
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• AmI88 ,
    If you've been in a relationship for over 2 years I'd give him an ultimatum. I think most guys won't marry unless they think they have to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i would like to be married by 25 but im to indepadant. i cant have someone asking me all the time where you going? who you with ect. im the type of a free sprit.but cause my man now is bigging me who you talking to, who you texting drives me nuts and makes me rethink of ever getting married.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 5:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• shellychivell= not all men are like that. only men who have no self esteem and cowards act like that. a MAN doesn't try and own the relationship. if he had more confidence in himself, he wouldn't have to ask every five minutes! i had an ex like that and told him where the door was.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 7:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2011