Formula checks

Why is it that formula checks sell on Ebay for almost as much as they are worth, but coupons for formula barely sell at all? Has anyone else noticed this? I don't get it. Is there some value to formula checks that I don't know about. And by the way I don't know if selling them is really legal, but Ebay has a section for them and hundreds of them are being sold, so I assume it is.

mybella81

Asked by mybella81 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• And breastmilk is free!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:11 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I figured it out asking somewhere else. It's because store owners buy them to cash them in, so even if they only win the auction for $.50 less than the value of the check, it's still worth $.50 in free money to them. And, by the way, by selling my formula checks I guess I'm getting paid to breastfeed, so it's even better than free.
    mybella81

Comment by mybella81 (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Feb. 9, 2011