What can I do?

What can I do to help my chances of the big ultra sound showing what the baby is? And does the doctor do anything if the baby isn't facing the right way?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 9:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• There really isn't much you can do. Try drinking a can of coke on your way there so the baby is moving around alot. There is always a chance the baby will have its legs crossed and won't open.
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 9:23 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My doctor had me drink 32 ounces of water. That way my bladder was full enough to push the baby forward and the ultrasound would pick up better! I warn ya though, 32 ounces was hell to keep in while waiting! I was glad they had a restroom in the ultrasound room!!! =)
    Kristin0319

Answer by Kristin0319 at 9:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• take a bottle of ice water with you, drinking the ice water will cool things down in there a bit and maybe make him move if needed.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 9:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• what above said, COLD will help jumpstart movement!!

if the baby is facing the wrong way, they'll just note it for next time they check. babies are known to move once delivery is near. which by the way with #1 happened and belly was a very odd shape for a day!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Thanks a lot ladies
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Don't worry, they'll move the baby around by just moving your stomach alittle. It won't harm you or the baby.
    Mrs_Bouchet

Answer by Mrs_Bouchet at 10:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Glad you asked this one, because I'm getting my ultrasound tomorrow. I guess I'll be drinking something cold!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2008