What's your take on kids partially dressed IN their own homes?

Do you dress your kids from head to toe when you know you are not leaving the house? I am responsible for laundry in my household. If I know I'm not leaving the house, if I am not expecting company...what reason for pants? lol. My toddler runs around the house and we're on and off potty training. He wears a shirt and a diaper. If people come over, I'll be "decent," but to dress my kid up because someone comes to my house unannounced...I don't know.

My BIL got wiggy with me because I had my kids like this in toddling age. Shirt and diaper running around in my own home. If he was uncomfortable, he just needed to say something and I could put some pants on my kids if that were the case, but they weren't hurting anyone. After all, I'm the one doing laundry...

What's your take on homes with toddlers only partially dressed...or heck, just in a diaper (in their own home)?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 11:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Some kids remove their clothes constantly. Your BIL needs to grow up and get a reality check. He must not have kids.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• sometimes all my kids are just in diapers! lol 4 under 4! lol More than likely they're in shirts and undies/diapers. If I know someone's coming over, if we're going places, or if someone pops in, I always put bottoms on them.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• lol, most of the time we're BOTH half dressed, especially when it's hot, I'll walk around in a bra and panties or pjs and ds is in a shirt and diaper or just diaper..or since were potty training, just a shirt
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• that is how mine run around in the home
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My son is hardly ever dressed in clothes, since it's so cold we have just been staying at home. He runs around in just his diaper all the time. I put pajamas on him at night because he won't sleep under covers, but what's the point if you aren't going anywhere and no one is expected to come over.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My daughter would gladly run around naked all day long, so a diaper is all I require. Hell, half the time I'm only wearing a t shirt and panties!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• There isn't a thing wrong with it. Gosh, someone would find a reason to complain? They must be really bored! Here I was expecting to hear that your kids were teenagers or something more concerning...LOL
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 12:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• my kid is naked most the time.
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 12:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I think its natural to be partially dressed at home. If you think about it, we all change to get comfortable when we are home. Some of us cant wait to walk in the door, kick off our shoes and fling our bras acrossed the room. Same goes for the kiddos. However they are comfortable is def best I say! Thats the true meaning of HOME :)
    heatherduve

Answer by heatherduve at 12:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Your BIL is going to be tearing out his hair when he has kids!

I could care less what people let their kids do clothes wise in their house. My 2 yr old strips at my brothers house sometimes and we joke that she is comfortable there enough to feel like home.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2011