Just isnt sure

okay ladies... im having such a hard time trying to decide on weather its time to try again or not.. i had my 2nd miscarraige in early december and honestly im terrified to try again... any advice??

momaholly

Asked by momaholly at 12:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i'm sorry to hear that ;(Actually you may want to talk with your doctor about doing something right now. Ive heard that you can be most fertile right after miscarrying and also after birth just like you can when you ovulate.Have them check you HCG levels and keep tabs on that. might help you. good luck!!
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 12:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Aw, im so sorry you had to go through that!! When you decide to try again though is really up to you, your SO and the advice of your doctor. I suggest maybe getting a checkup by your gyno? Have him/her take a look, and see if they see any problems, maybe any ideas of why your miscarriaging..if its a health problem or just an unfortunate time. Its always good to have check ups anyway. If your good to go and its just your emotional state thats keeping you from trying again, if you are still hung up on the miscarriages, perhaps you and your SO can just say goodbye to them? Maybe, buy alittle plant or flowers and put them in a pot as alittle way of saying we love you but you are with God now, and then plant them outside when it gets warmer. Then stand up, deep breathing, try and cleanse your mind and perhaps start over. Good luck!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 12:31 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Im sorry to hear that.. Well normally your suppose to wait 12 weeks before becoming pregnant again. My sister had 2 miscarriages and now has a beautiful 6 month old. Do they no what type of miscarriage you had? My sister her babies would just stop growing if tht is maybe your case they have medicine to fix it. Try not to be scared just pray and tell your self it will all be ok.. Good luck.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 12:49 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. :(

I had a miscarriage January 6th. At first I didn't want to try again at all because I was terrified of having another miscarriage. I did a TON of research about the chances of miscarrying again and when it was safe to TTC.

I read MULTIPLE studies showing that there is no need to wait to TTC and that it's okay to go for it as soon as you feel ready. The 12 week wait is EXTREMELY outdated.

I personally knew that I wouldn't be able to fully heal from my miscarriage until I had another baby to look forward to. Not that another baby will replace the baby I lost but it would allow me to have something to look forward to.

I'm still waiting on my first ovulation so no baby for me yet but I'm hoping to be there soon.

I say don't rush it but if you feel ready go for. You can't let "what ifs" run you life.

Do they know WHY you miscarried?
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• they said that i am perfectly healthy! that they see no problems with me and my "baby making abilities"... the first MC was because i got pregnant while i had an IUD in and i had a MC when it was removed:-((
    this last time though they have no isea why it happened
    momaholly

Comment by momaholly (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I had a miscarriage in Nov and i'm trying to get pregnant now and yes i'm very scared but i know God don't ever give us too much than we can bare.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 12, 2011