How do I get rid of the red rash on the sides of my 11 month olds mouth?

For the past couple of months my 11 month old son has had a red rash on the sides of his mouth that sometimes looks raw as if he scratched it. I've tried putting Eucerin on it several times a day and that didn't work. Now I'm using Aquaphor several times a day, it seems to get better one day and the next it's back again. Can anyone tell me what this might be from and what else I need to do?

keetajz

Asked by keetajz at 1:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son has this too, I believe it is from his eczema. I use Aveeno Eczema cream and it helps him so much! GL!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 1:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Keep it clean. Make sure you wipe any food, milk, juice, ect. If it is eczema, regular cream probably won't help. You will need a prescription strength from a doctor.
    ShanAtoZ

Answer by ShanAtoZ at 1:59 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Aquaphor will take it away in a day or two.
    Collinswifenmom

Answer by Collinswifenmom at 2:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Try coconut oil

Answer by rkoloms at 6:11 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• If moisturizing it is not making it go away then I would speak to the Pediatrician.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2011