When did you meet your SO? How old were you, where were you, how did you meet? Did you persue him or he, you?

I met DH when I was 15 years old. We met on a bus and he offered me candy, since a friend of mine was mugging him for his candy (not really) we introduced ourselves and we knew that day we would be together forever although it took three months for us to actually get the nerve to ask the other out. I was the one who finally asked him out :)) I want to hear romantic stories!

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 1:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I met DH when I was 15. There was nothing romantic about it lol. We were drunk at a party (yes, young I know) but we have been together every day since for over 5 years now, married with two kids lol.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• well i met my SO when i was 20 through a mutral friend at the time. I defently persude him at first. i got a cell phone just so i could text him. and then he fell in love with me first so then he was persuing me lol. when our friend had us meet it was a lil sneeky on her part. he thought i was really cute but when i saw him it was not to long after he got off work. he was riding his low rider bike. he looked like a hill billy gangster wanna be. i had no intrest at first. but my friend kept telling me so many good things so weve been together a lil over a year now. and possbly getting our own place tomorrow. gotta call the landlord!! wish us luck!!
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 1:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We were 22 when we met while working at Wal-mart. We met some time at the end of April/beginning of May in 1999 when I started working there and became good friends. At the end of May I realized I kind of liked him...maybe a lot, lol. Our mutual friend figured it out pretty quick and basically set us up. He hauled my husband over to my place at 1am one night and then left. We stayed up all night just talking (I swear) and then both went to work the next day. He drove me home that night, we ordered pizza and tried to watch a movie but were too tired. He ended up proposing to me and after that we were engaged. We never dated and were married 7 months later on January 7, 2000. It was absolutely crazy but we've been married for 11 years now (together for almost 12) and have 5 kids together so it worked.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:47 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We were in college...2 wks before he turned 20 and me 19. Met in Anime club. He was the rude guy who wanted to make fun of my favorite movie. So I turned around and gave him a piece of my mind. After club ended for the day, he followed me and asked me for my name. We got through talking and he had a piece of my heart. He pursued me I thought...then I guess it was the other way around. Started dating 2 weeks after knowing each other...engaged 3 months after knowing each other. Got married 3 months before our one year dating anniversary. Been married for 9 years and have four beautiful kiddos.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 2:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I met dh online when I was 16 in my parents house on the computer. It was in a chat room. I PM him first because I felt something was telling me to. We pretty much hit it off instantly. Everyday I would come racing home from school to chat with him. I'll never forget how nervous and excited I was to talk with him on the phone the first time and to meet in person. I still get that excited feeling each day when he comes home from work. happy

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I moved from VA to OR, almost 1 year ago (Feb 16). I came here b/c of a dead end rut. Came to help parents out with a tavern the bought in a town of 16 people with a 1 room schoolhouse with my 2 children (2 and 5 at the time). A week or 2 after I came here, I walked into the tavern and there were some guys entertaining my 5 yr old (it is a family friendly place as no liquor is served). I didnt pay attention to it and went into the house that was attached. A few days later this very sexy man was sitting at the counter when I came to work...i chatted him up. He started coming in more often. I asked him to teach me to steelhead fish and he took me and we went bowling (our first dates and i kissed him)...1 year later here we are...and I can honestly say we have NEVER had a major disagreement...never yelled at each other..sure we get frustrated and bitch but it's done within a half hour. I'm truly happy :)
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 2:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• He responded to my ad on Craigslist! I had a few other promising repaonses, but I bid them all adieu after our first date. He spent the night (no sex), and I stayed at his place the next night, and never slept at my place again.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:05 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I knew of him from a few college classes my freshman year. In fall of 1990 he came up to me in the library asking me for help looking up a girl's phone number on the BBS (pre-internet days). He knew ahead of time it was unlisted, but it got the conversation going and we went out to a movie with my roommate.

We've been married 16 years, and we're both 39.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I Met my hubs when he called me accidentally from Mass. I am in Texas, we ended up talking all night because I asked him if he was near my mom's hometown. We then talked nightly for 2&1/2 months, met halfway in Cleveland, he came back to Texas with me and we married 2 weeks later. We will be married 7 years on May 1. We also have 5yr old twins together
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It was Christmas1985 and I was 22 years old. We met in England while I was there visiting family (he was my cousin's best friend).  We've been together ever since.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2011