What would you think about the husband?

If u r in a situation that keeps u under constant pressure,to the extent of verge of depression & ur hubby is the only person who can fix the situation but he plainly tells u that u have to live in the same situation,whether accept it happily or whatever but he certainly is not going to do anything, what will u do. U urself cannot do anything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• If he makes no effort in changing or meeting you half way...I'd think to walk away from the situation. If he's in the "suck it up" attitude and doesn't care what it's doing to you...I'd say walk.

I would think that the husband is only thinking about himself and unless he tries...what's the point in being in a relationship if it sucks the life out of you.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 2:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• He is apparently an uncaring SOB. Ironically enough, im kind of in that situation myself. Sorry.
    ShanAtoZ

Answer by ShanAtoZ at 2:10 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I think you know deep down what you have to do. good luck
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• First thing I'd do is re-evaluate the statement "u urself cannot do anything". There is no way in hell I'd let myself believe that.
    Second thing I'd do is re-evaluate the situation, and determine what could be changed, and what ways I could change it.
    Third thing I'd do is figure out what my SO/DH could do to help me, and elicit his help. If he refused, I'd move on to another route of accomplishment. I'd decide if I wanted to take the time/effort to do it without my SO/DH, or if I wanted to figure out a way to get him involved.
    Fourth, If I wanted my DH/SO involved, I'd do it myself, with the help of friends, and make it look easy, and always always graciously thank my friends in front of my DH/SO...which would motivate my DH/SO to want to be the one getting thanked.
    Fifth, If I didn't want my DH/SO involved, I'd find out what needed to be done to move me from the DH/SO area to a new and better life.
    Good luck.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 6:12 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• You always have a choice. If he refuses to help you or even see your side, then I'd give it one last shot at telling him what its doing to me and still nothing, then I'd walk..
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 7:26 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Well, for me it would depend on the individual situation. Second, you always have a choice, if you don't want to be in that situation and he won't change it, you always have the option of leaving.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 7:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I guess I don't understand why he is the only one that can help you with this issue. What if he died? Think about that and I bet a whole world of other options will appear to you! Don't be so depend on him especially if he is unwilling to assist you. Find other avenues in your life.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 9, 2011