How do i...

everytime i go into a store i can only buy things for my daughter, how do i convince myself it is okay to buy things for me once in a while to. lol, people ask me what i want for my birthday and i only think of items for my lovely daughter :D

92210love

Asked by 92210love at 2:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• How sweet but you need a turn too!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:38 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I do that to, i still do sometimes now, but it was a lot worse when i was pregnant and when right after i had her. Just tell your self you need to stay happy and you deserve to have somethings new in your life. :D
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:39 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• If you feel like you can't just buy yourself something, then go ahead and buy your daughter something she NEEDS and then buy something you like. Or you could just keep buying her things and when she has too many toys, and too many clothes, and you are sick of the clutter and the laundry, you might find yourself not feeling so guilty to indulge on yourself :) You are a mommy, treat yourself!
    ajfoster88

Answer by ajfoster88 at 2:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Its just easier to buy for the kids..I do the same thing..constantly told to buy for myself but I dont..I actually get gift cards for stores with only women clothing lol
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 3:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Therapy can help you with your self esteem issues

Answer by rkoloms at 5:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Remind yourself that YOU (and, if you have one, your DH/SO) are the MOST IMPORTANT person in your DD's life. You must be happy and healthy to make her happy and healthy...so, if you want one of those at home foot massage kits, and you know that you'll destress that way, which will make you a better mother in the long run, then buy it. Same goes for other items. She needs you to buy items for yourself just as much as she needs you to buy them for her. As a matter of fact she may already try to get you to do so. Do you ever notice your DD coming up to you and giving you HER items to play with? She's telling you she wants you to be happy too. She's trying to include you in her happiness. You may not have to buy items for yourself often, but every once in a while, just remind yourself, "My DD would want me to be happy", and get the item you want.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 6:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• why do you feel your so unworthy ? is there a shortage of money ? does your husband buy things for himself ? I used to be that way , it wasnt till my mom pointed out to a friend that my now ex husband kept me poor , in old clothes etc. so that other mean wouldnt look at me , made me feel unworthy because I was a stay at home mom .

ask yourself this ? do you keep a clean house ? do you work HARD at what ever you do ? are you a good parent , friend , wife ? if you answered yes to all those then you set aside some money weekly or monthly and go buy something for yourself,or get a pedicure BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT !!!
    nanafor5

Answer by nanafor5 at 7:17 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Just remind yourself that you are a person, too, and that you have needs and wants that should be separate from your kids. It's fun to buy them all sorts of cute clothes and toys when they are little but they get bigger and start to expect it for no other reason than they exist on this planet and it becomes not so fun any more. Do yourself a favor now and get used to the idea of not spending every dime on the kid before they think they are the center of the universe and you are there just to serve them.
    Make a deal with yourself like for every 3 times you buy something for your dd the next time you HAVE to get something for yourself before you can buy anything else for her. My problem was always I didn't have money for me AND the kids and I had a hard time getting for me when we all NEEDED stuff. But sometimes my needs are important, too and the kids could wait.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:57 AM on Feb. 9, 2011