• In the Spotlight:

Anyone else go through this?

Ladies i know i should be happy about being preggo but im just not..I hate when people now ask how the baby is instead of how am i. I cant sleep, I cant eat because I gag. She kicks the crap out of me to the point where i wake up in pain. She kicks my back and lays on my hip. Ive become depressed because people think im fragile or some kind of crap. My so called friends wont hang out with me because i refuse to drink while preggo. Im stuck home alone with the dog while my hubby goes and does what he wants..I just dont know what to do because im so damn tired & sore all the time i cant do anything and im getting pissed / depressed about it...Please help..DONT BASH ME PLEASE IM ASKING FOR HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If it's that serious I would talk to your doctor about what's going on. I just had to ask last week about going on depression meds. There are safe things to take while pregnant and sometimes it's the best option. I also noticed when I get out and do something for myself I feel much better. Even if it's just a trip to the grocery store or dollar store alone. It gives me time not to think about stupid stuff and not having anyone bug me.
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 9:48 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My doctor told me it was normal hormones that he would not put me on medication..This is the same one who first told me the baby had a heart problem then admitted a mistake, then tells me i have a bp problem and takes it back...now he tells me she has a cyst in her brain ..He also said the pain in my hip and back is round ligament pain and will do nothing about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Pregnancy and motherhood is the hardest thing you will ever endure. But it's also the most rewarding. I'm assuming this pregnancy wasn't planned? I'm just saying that because you sound like you're carrying a "burden" that you wern't expecting. I suggest that you talk to your OB about your depression. It's normal for a woman to feel to some degree the way you do. Heck! It's LIFE CHANGING! I would probably talk to your hubby to and let him know how you feel if you haven't already. He needs to step up and give you the support you deserve. It took two to make this baby and it's only going to get harder once the baby is born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Ive tried to talking to him he will not treat me for it like i said in the last post..He says its hormones and its normal that it will go away when i have her. AND I DONT CONSIDER HER A BURDEN NO MATTER HOW MUCH PAIN IM IN. No she wasnt planned she was a return from deployment baby. IM DEPRESSED BECAUSE I CANT DO ANYTHING ACCORDING TO EVERYONE..I cant paint, i cant sketch, i cant even give my damn cat a bath..I cant do my job according to my boss and everyone treats me like im some china doll....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Any possiblity of seeing another doc in the same clinic? Will your insurance cover that? Sometimes a second opinion helps.
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 10:00 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I was a manager at the airport who was very active; lifting kegs, getting buckets of ice, putting stock away, etc. When I was pregnant, that stuff had to stop. It sucks, but it's important for your baby. As far as sketching and painting...that's a little far fetched. I'm an artist and when I was on maternity leave, all I did was sketch. Not being able to sketch while pregnant is just a stupid thing for someone to tell you. And I helped paint the baby's room. Just keep a window open in the room while you do it and don't stay in there for long periods of time. As far as your doctor goes, he sounds like a jerk and I would find another one if your insurance supports it. Cont.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• When someone treats you as fragile, you can talk to them about your feelings if you haven't already and I think you need to have a chat with your hubby about leaving you alone like that...if not I can talk to him LOL! He needs to be there with you too, but that doesn't mean that he can't go out with his friends sometimes. Good luck! And even if it's just needing someone to talk to, leave me a message on my page!
    TheDragn01

TheDragn01

• yep.. i understnad. I know with my first pregnancy though, I complained about everything to everyone.. and they all got sick of it. When i got pregnnt again, they asked me if i was going to be just as miserable with this one as my first.. really embarrassing, because i realize things really werent that bad...
    You need to make things happen, and not act like your pregnancy is some sort of disease...
    And as far as getting irritated when peeps ask you about the pregnancy or treat you like a china doll, just say you are fine, and prove them wrong and just start doing things! ... I lost a lot of my friends too when i got pregs for the same reasons. Made me realize how lame those people were... and tell your hubby he bettter start taking care of you...
    good luck. be proactive!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• For your pain, go and see a chiropracter. I have terrible ligament/ sciatic/ hip pain from this baby.... it helps SO much. Also, see if you can find a doula to get some education from in your area, or some REAL birth classes (i.e. not at the hospital). You could meet other moms there, get some advice on hip rotations and positons to be in to get relief from the pains of pregnancy.

:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Nov. 17, 2008