Did anyone else lose weight while pregnant??

I have been working out while pregnant,I am currently 10 weeks and 6 days pregnant.I stretch,crunches,squats,etc.I am working out because I am already overweight before I got pregnant.I was 244 and I am only 5ft.4in. so I figure as long as I eat right and work out Ill be able to lose about 20lbs before I reach 6 months because I want to be more healthy for the baby.Did anyone else try to lose weight when they were pregnant?? If so how did u lose the weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You are NOT supposed to diet when you are pregnant!!!!!! Even if you are overweight. Its good that you are exercising and eating healthy(I hope) but do not restric calories from that baby that is growing inside you.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I dont diet at all I just eat more fruits and veggies,try to cut out caffeine and junk foods.i also try to cut out fast food and a lot of grease.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:51 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Taking better care of your self while pregnant is a good Idea, Focusing on lossing weight on the other hand is not, regardless of your size Crunches are very dangerest while pregnant, I'd just stick to the walking or even swimming
    Mrs.carlton

Answer by Mrs.carlton at 3:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i read on baby center that crunches are harmless as long as ur not over working yourself or cramping
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:10 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• you are way overdoing it. Ask you OB what they think. I lost weight with my last pregnancy only because I was carrying twins and they were eating everything I took in. Now is not the time to diet or engage in heavy exercise...you will be healthier for you and your baby if you eat right, do light exercise like walking or yoga.
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I lost weight but not deliberately. I had severe nausea and threw up so much that lost so much weight and was consequently anaemic.
    whiskey80

Answer by whiskey80 at 7:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i lost weight but I didn't intend to. I just went on a super health kick when I found out I was pregnant and would only drink water and eat lots of veggies and other good for you foods
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 7:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• nope, i gained so so much!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 9:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I weighed less at 9 months than when I became pregnant. I continued healthy eating, though slightly more calories and did pregnancy workout tapes (Fit Mama by Leisa Hart). This happened with both my pregnancies and both babies were born completely healthy and normal weight: 6 pounds 14 ounces for one, 6 pounds 10 ounces for the other. My doctor said since I am already overweight, as long as the baby is growing normally there was nothing wrong with it and making healthy eating and exercise choices was in fact healthy for both me and baby!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• SweetLoveofMine, when overweight, as long as it's done right YES it is perfectly fine and acceptable to lose weight when pregnant
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 9, 2011