How do we pass on life lessons to our children when they may relect poorly on someone we/they love?

I have learned important lessons in my life, some through reflecting on my life and marriage through counselling. My family was dyfuntional. My first sexual experience was with my husband and I felt compelled to stay with him. I do love him but if I hadn't had sex with him, I may have chosen to leave him. It was a head game with me. What do you think generally, and in specific instances?

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• Huh? Are you debating on leaving your husband? I say, if your not happy with your relationship than it is time to leave. You didnt grow as a person before you got into a marriage with your husband. Before jumping into marriage you have to know who you are and where you are headed in life. If you and him are headed in the same path. Thats when it is time to get married. Not because he is the first person you have been with.
    Good Luck. believe in your self!

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 19, 2008