Boys with long hair

my 5yr old has never had a haircut, first it was because I couldnt bear to part with his curls, then when I got the courage when he was three he said he liked his hair and didnt want it cut. I decided it was his hair, let him cut it when he wants, well, at 5 he told me he NEVER wants his hair cut, only his bangs. We are Hindu, and lots of men that follow Lord Shiva never cut theirhair. How many others out there have long haired bots?

shivasgirl

Asked by shivasgirl at 2:57 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well, my son's hair has never been that long but he usually grows it out in the winter and then I buzz it all off in the summer because he sweats so much.

This was him at 5 after the first time he chose to grow it out.  I thought he looked adorable.

This was him last month at 9.  This is how his hair normally is in the winter.  He usually waits until it gets to his collar to cut it but wanted it done a couple weeks ago so it's short now.  Most of the boys in his class have buzzed hair.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Not me...my oldest gets a military cut just like his Dad and my youngest will too. My oldest asks for haircuts though :)
    KamAndKingsMama

Answer by KamAndKingsMama at 2:59 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My ds's hair grows like a weed and I have it cut about once a month. He has a standard boy cut.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Just PLEASE insist he keeps it clean and combed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I think boys with long hair are adorable :) i dont have a boy but were very relaxed people like to just hang out be calm etc i think long hair goes along with that. idk it couldchange after we have a boy lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:02 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• anon, he does, he is already a diva about product, lol, must have clean conditioned hair at all times!
    shivasgirl

Comment by shivasgirl (original poster) at 3:05 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My oldest has long hair. I have always believed that it is their hair and they can do what they want with it. My oldest has had a mohawk, shaved head, and now it is long. My middle child also hair on the longer side although he likes to get his cut.

I think it is great that you let him do what he wants with his hair.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I have three friends that have boys with long hair, I think it's great! :) Personally, my son has short hair (he's three), he asked for haircuts, probably because his sister do. However, it is still his choice, if he wanted it long, would let him.

Btw, your son is adorable!
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• awww
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I say good on you Momma for not giving in to the typical boy cut. As long as it is taken good care of then great.
    My 5 year old get a shorter cut that his dad maintains for him.....deciding when and how to get it cut. If I had it my way it would be longer.
    Its not worth fighting over so I let him do his thing.
    Your boy is handsome!
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 7:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2011