Daily ritual?

do you preform any type of daily religious ritual in your home?

shivasgirl

Asked by shivasgirl at 3:02 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I take time each morning when I wake up to thank the divine for a allowing me to reach a new day.

I also try to say a prayer of forgiveness each night as I am falling asleep. I've only been doing it for a few weeks but find that I really do sleep better when I do.

We also keep kosher and are looking into eco-kosher things as well.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• No, and it's really a shame. I feel really lacking in the spiritual/religious areas.
    PadmeJonez

Answer by PadmeJonez at 3:29 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I write a prayer everyday in my journal that I received from my children for christmas. Sometimes just a paragraph. My family and I pray before we eat dinner and when we forget because sometimes we do, we will stop and do it then. It's sweet because between my fiancee, son , daughter,or me we will remind the other that we forgot to pray and we all hold hands.
    ConnectHearts

Answer by ConnectHearts at 9:19 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I am a Christian, and there are no actual rituals that are required. It's a lifestyle. I pray, read my Bible, and think and ponder on the Lord every day. I live my life as completely in accordance with God's word as I can.
    raleyfamily

Answer by raleyfamily at 9:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Well said, raleyfamily
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• daily devotional
    Bible study
    prayer before meals
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• As a Wiccan and Witch "all acts of love and pleasure are Her rituals"- so every time I say "I love you" to my partner, every time I take time to pamper my cat, and every time I get relief from a hot soak- I remember that and those are like little "prayers".
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:09 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• With the help of this book I meditate on the Goddess each morning. 

Each day is dedicated to a different Element and the Lord and Lady: 

Monday = Earth, Tuesday = Air, Wednesday = Fire, Thursday = Water, Friday = Spirit, Saturday = Lady, Sunday = Lord.  (I know, I know...Monday/Moonday should be for the Lady...but this fits better with our Work Week). 

The Daily Elements manifest in the food I cook and the chores I do and things like that. 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2011