Do you have a basic belief or value that your child has claimed and ran with?

we have a vegetarian household, I am not concerned if others eat meat or why, but my 5yr old son is PETA in training! I dont teach him to be critical but boy he will point out to anyone in not so gentle terms why eating animals is bad. He told a lady in Walmart one day that had a roasted chicken in her cart that she shouldnt eat chicken bodies! I thought she was going to barf right there! I tell him all the time that everyone doesnt believe like we do and they have the right not to, but he doesnt buy it! He is militant!

shivasgirl

Asked by shivasgirl at 3:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• That is adorable!

My daughter has fully embraced giving back to the community. She is currently volunteering for a political campaign, and volunteering at the afterschool program she attended

Answer by rkoloms at 5:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• your son is 5 so he is at that age that if he can get a reACTION OUT OF PEOPLE FOR ANYTHING HE WILL DO IT !they are into whats gross or different my guess is you have discussed it at length , as to why you dont eat meat , how bad it is etc. how gross , but he does NOT have the right to irratate other people with it .So its time to sit him down and put the shoe on the other foot , what if someone else told you that CANDY IS BAD ( OR FAVORITE FOOD ) what you want people to tell you everytime you went near it , or saw it , ? once you explain it then its time to dicipline if it happens again .
    nanafor5

Answer by nanafor5 at 7:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2011