Do you text while driving?

I only LOOKED at a text while driving and got in an accident over it. No one was seriously hurt. That was the only time and I haven't done it since.

If you DO text while driving you really should check this out:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1834379662196&oid=155360057819436&comments

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 3:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't touch the radio or any of that while driving. I'm a nervous driver and extremely cautious.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• no
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:54 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i read text when driving but i dont tect and drive. i wait till a stop light or sign. i believe its to dangerous and im always yelling at people doing it why would i? lol
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 5:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I used to when I was a teen but now since I'm a mom people on my phone aren't t that important anymore while I'm driving they can wait!
    Mizzsweetooth

Answer by Mizzsweetooth at 5:51 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• nope, and everyone knows if i dont answer its because im driving, i only just starting answering the phone the while driving because our new car has bluetooth built in and the button is right on the steering wheel
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I will not text or talk on my cell while driving, if someone calls, I simply call them back when I get home or when I'm at my destination. In my opinion all it takes it one second to be distracted by anything when drivng and you can have an accident. I rather not increase my chances of having an accident by not being completely focused on the road and other drivers.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 7:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Never...

Answer by older at 7:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• NOPE!! In fact I don;t even HAVE a text plan on my phone! I prefer to just CALL and SPEAK to the person I absolutely must talk to when I have to! :o)

Hope you learned a very valuable lesson, OP.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• No, I NEVER text and rarely even answer my phone while driving (especially if it's still in my purse). On the rare occasion that I do talk on the phone while driving, it's usually for last minute directions and I keep it brief. Most of the time I'll wait until I can pull over to read the text, listen to the vm or call back. Glad you're ok after your wreck, and thanks for spreading the word about how unsafe texting and driving is!
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:38 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• No. If something is important enough for me to text it's important enough to pull over to do it and get it right. I have bluetooth so I don't have to use the handset of my phone if someone calls.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2011