Any Other Scuba Diving Moms?

I've been certified for 7 years, DH has been for almost 20. I'm a "specialty" diver - warm, 100' visibility water only :) DH dives anywhere he can get wet, and has many advanced certifications. We've been all over the Caribbean, hoping to start diving near Fiji next summer. I love that we share a sense of adventure, we've even dove with sharks. (Which wasn't near as scary as it sounds, rather meet a shark in the water than a barracuda. Those crazy things scare the life out of me!)

How about ya'll? Favorite dive? Mine is a drift dive we did in Bonaire, I've never had a "closer to the earth" moment better than that. (Sea turtles, eagle rays, purple tube sponges, and a current the perfect speed for sightseeing.)

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 6:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• What? You like Scuba diving? I never would have guessed...LOL :-)
    I have never scuba dived before, but it's something I'd love to do. My DH is originally from Florida and it's one of his favorite things. He can't wait to take our daughters one day.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• LOL, vicesix! I know, right? :)

Go get certified! I can't wait to get my kids involved, my only hope is for the baby. The other (older) kids just aren't that into it.
    Scuba

Comment by Scuba (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I'm a wannabe diver- I coached swimming and I surf, but I've always wanted to dive. My brother is a master diver- he was actually on "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" when they did the Wounded Warriors program in Guantanamo Bay, teaching amputee veterans how to dive. He's going to teach my hubby and me once we're all in the same place long enough, and we have access to a location. I can't wait!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:14 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• That's wonderful, musicpisces! Who better to learn from? DH is one class away from his Master Diver cert - I love having him as my dive buddy, I always feel safe. I can't surf to save my life, I have zero coordination and I'm a clutz. I love the ocean, and enjoying watching others surf!
    Scuba

Comment by Scuba (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• nope. I still have t o learn to swim as funny as that sounds.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Nah, my BF would love it if I would learn but he is so hard core (and a divemaster)- he wants me to learn on the CA north coast where the water is frigid COLD.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2011