Have you ever had an ectopic pregnancy?

What did it feel like to you?

I'm not going to add any info until I hear some stories. Sorry.

MrsJeremySmith

Asked by MrsJeremySmith at 7:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The reason I am not adding detail is because I don't want to hear "oh yeah that's what it's like" lol Oh and It's not for me...
    MrsJeremySmith

Comment by MrsJeremySmith (original poster) at 7:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yep I had one and had to have emergency surgery. I had pains on my side but they werent cramps like you might feel in early pregnancy, more of a dull stabbing pain. I also was dizzy. I had some blood start coming out but not like aunt flo or miscarriage, it was a purple color and ended up being from internal bleeding. My hormone levels were also not high enough to register on a pregnancy test, I had to get a blood test.

Answer by gemgem at 8:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I've had two, I had spotting and really, really bad cramps on my left side (same side both times). I was nauseous and light headed. It scared me because I have a really high tolerance for pain and it brought tears to my eyes.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• was the pain constant or would it go away ?
    MrsJeremySmith

Comment by MrsJeremySmith (original poster) at 8:12 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I had one, I was always VERY dizzy, the pain was horribleon my left side!!, I started to spot & then the bleeding got worse & worse & BRIGHT red, I went to the emergency room & the baby was in my left tube it was 7 weeks, my left tube was damaged & they removed it. It was a horrible experience I don't wish that upon anyone! =(

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yes I had one. It started out on a Friday I think. I felt cramping and was spotting to light bleeding. All weekend I the cramping got more severe. Then on Sunday I had really uncomfortable cramping. I took a pregnancy test and it was positive, but I didn't get my hopes up because I knew something was wrong. Then Monday came and by lunch time I was in such pain that I went to Urgent Care. My cramps were so bad I seriously felt like I was going to die. Finally I got seen and he said I was in fact pregnant, but wanted me to go get an ultrasound to see what was going on. When they did the ultrasound she told me it was in the tube. Then I met with the doctor and he told me I would need to go to the hospital to stay overnight and I would be having surgery the next morning to remove it. He said I had internal bleeding already, but that it hadn't burst yet. I had surgery and was told that I could try again in 3 months.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2011