Would you be upset if your childs' teacher forgot that she had a doctors' note out of P.E. for a week and she made her walk laps because the class got into trouble. Her foot is sprained and possibly a fracture?

ConnectHearts

Asked by ConnectHearts at 7:54 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would be raising hell!

Answer by older at 7:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yes I would be. I would go to the principle and explain she has an injured foot and the fact the teacher did this could further damage the injury and you plan to send them the bill if this happens. Tell them you also wish to file a formal complaint against the PE Teacher. If they give you the run around explain to them you will go to the district office with the complaint.

Answer by gemgem at 7:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Mom didn't know her daughter was walking laps daily?
    Daughter didn't know she wasn't supposed to be participating?
    time for some personal accountability here, were not all deficient are we?
    blame the teacher to some extent, take some personal responsibilty on a daily basis with everything.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I do not have children yet, but if I did then yes I would be upset... A majority of teachers today do not have respect for the children themselves... If it continues to be a problem with the same teacher then I say take the matter to the principal... I hope your childs foot heals fastly sending alot of healing thoughts your childs way...
    Marine_Wifey89

Answer by Marine_Wifey89 at 7:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• YES. It's called lawsuit.
    But why did A WHOLE WEEK go by before her teacher "remembered" OR your daughter told you????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• oh yes, i would be very upset. i would be calling the school & getting to the bottom of it, for sure.

my question though is how did you come about this knowledge? i would want all the facts straight before i raised hell.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Oh yes I would be extremely angry!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:02 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My first question would be did your DD tell/remind the teacher? In the heat of the moment, I could see a teacher not thinking about something like that, especially if your DD doesn't present symptoms. I would call the teacher and ask about it before jumping to conclusions or getting upset.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:02 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Not really. As a tween, the child is responsible enough to approach the teacher and remind the teacher that she is not supposed to do it. Now if your child did do that and the teacher continued with the direction of walk, then I would upset. I would definitely send an email to the teacher after getting your child's side and see what the teacher said happened.
    jwaren

Answer by jwaren at 8:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yes.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2011