How old was your child/children when they got their first haircut?

My son is 17 months old, and I just wanted an idea of about how old to get his hair cut. He has the cutest curls, but they are making him look a little girly.

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 8:04 AM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 3 years old. but i was so heart-broken about her first haircut that i only had them cut one inch LOL. that was my oldest daughter and now i just do it at home, her hair is straight as a board and easy to cut. i think i might cry the day my 2 year old needs a haircut, she has gorgeous ringlets! right now her hair is only just passed shoulder-length, so im hoping i wont have to cross this bridge for a while.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Probably 18 months? We took him to a place that specializes in kids, well worth the money - especially since we discovered he hates, and I mean hates, having his hair cut.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:05 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• About 15 months. He too had the greatest curls. I loved them! Don't know why I didn't wait longer now that I think about it. But we have the pics of those curls and it doesn't really matter now that he is 34 years old!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:10 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My oldest was about 14 months my youngest as about 2 years
    nicki_1004

Answer by nicki_1004 at 8:11 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• my dd was 5 months, her hair was already to the bottom of her ears and all in her eyes, she just got a little trim to get bangs, my ds was about a year old, i got him a "high and tight" lol he needed one before then b/c he had alot of hair too but he is kinda freaked out by people he doesn't know
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Right before his 1st birthday, in time for Thanksgiving. It was cute, but getting in to his eyes.

Answer by missanc at 9:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• a little more than a year, when eve if I tied the top in a pony tail it woudl still fall in her eyes.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 9:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I think my son was somewhere between 6 months and a year when I first cut his hair - I don't remember exactly. It was really long in the back and was lookin' a little weird. I wanted to let it grow but it looked a little silly that way.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• He was 8 months old, he had to have it shaved when he was in hospitol. he had iv's in his head, i finally had to cut his hair so it would grow out even... lol
    Joesiahsmommy

Answer by Joesiahsmommy at 5:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2011